Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Prepare for Summer by Avoiding Time Stealers: What does God what you to do?
For the last 2 weeks, I wrote down exactly what I did with my time.
Here is a break down:
• I spent over 5 hours on average dealing with co-workers and their complaints about life and work.
• I spent over 20 minutes a day repeating to my husband what he needed to get done for the day.
• I spent at least 6 hours after the fact, feeling guilty for yelling at my 4 year old who decides almost every morning to have a meltdown just before we leave home for the day because he must take at least two of his favorite toys to preschool (smile).
• I spent over 1 hour a day looking at updates on facebook and twitter that are mostly things that will not make a difference in my life. Can you relate?
I must say that helping co-workers, husbands, children and staying updated on the lives of our friends is not a bad thing but is it taking away from what God wants us to do on that day? The bible says, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” What have you been doing that takes way from God's plan for your day?
Here are a few questions to help us reflect and hopefully better prepare for summer.
1. What is the one thing you were ask by God to do this year but it have not started or completed yet?
2. How do you plan to save money during the summer?
3. What about your marriage or single life, is it where it could be or do you need to spend more time with your spouse or more time alone in the word of God preparing for a spouse?
4. What about exercising more?
Prayer: God as we prepare for summer, may we always remember to seek you for daily direction. Forgive us for straying and allowing "time stealers" to take presidency over your daily purpose. In Jesus name.....AMEN!
Let’s stay connected: